17.3.08

ay caramba! semana santa comienza!

Semana Santa is the week before Easter aqui en Espana, our spring break.....

So here I am in Barcelona, sitting in a park in my neighborhood, illegitimately getting internet…I guess that’s what happens when you become a poor traveling student overseas…the cost of paying for internet is extraneous and high, and since the wireless internet in my apartment is no longer available, I have had to succumb to such ways. In any case, I’ve just come back from traveling up north, specifically Amsterdam. It was incredible seeing the difference in culture and customs up there. That’s technically the most northern part I’ve been in Europe, and one can definitely tell.

Firstly, I heard tons of English around me, tons of friendly people, and lots of tourists. Well, the tourists aren’t unique to Amsterdam, but for some reason I noticed a lot of them there. It was beautiful during the days we were there, and thankfully only really rained the last night. It was awesome, we walked around practically the whole time, the canals were awesome, although it was bitterly cold, we got to see al ot of the center of the city. Our hostel was in a great location, right next to the large Vondelpark, near the museums as well as Liedelsplein (definitely spelled that wrong...)



Anywho, I just realized that my flight for Sevilla leaves tomorrow at 6:50 am! REAAAAAlly early, meaning I have to get there at 5:45, and get on a train to get to the airport, so early early wakeup call!

I'm going to be in Sevilla, Malaga and Granada for the next week, so I definitely will have limited time in the next weekish to update. Everything's grea tthough, and I'm hoping for beautiful weather to take advantage of Andalucia's Arab baths and the beaches.....

Ay dios mio, this is going to be craziness, but i'm super excited, have 2 batteries charged and lots of energy (haha)





Hasta luego a todos,

que vayan bien!

Val

No comments: