31.1.08

Vin a la suppa!

...that's a phrase I hear about every night - it means "come to dinner" in Catalan. One of the classes I'm taking is Catalan language and culture, so I'm able to practice some of what I learn at home, which is pretty cool:)

So I've been in Barcelona for almost a month now, and definitely feeling more accustomed to the way of life here. I just finished my first week of real classes now, and really am occupied for most of the weekdays, which is good, I'm a real student in BCN!
My campus is cool, pretty modern architecture. it's a great location, a couple blocks from the beach, right next to a gorgeous park with fountains and a zoo. However, the fact that I walk outside my classroom during breaks or during lunch and am struck by a cloud of smoke is pretty revolting. The term 'fresh' air does not exist in Barca, you would need to go out of town for that! Which is just what I did last weekend....


A couple friends and I decided to take a little adventure just about an hour and a half out of the city to the serene mountains, specifically out to Montserrat. It is a gorgeous sight: a monastery and museum hidden away in a breathtaking setting of greenery, blue sky, and at the top of steep cliffs. BUT! These cliffs are unlike any I have ever seen, they are smooth, without sharp lines, and fluid, as if somebody took wet sand and dropped it from the sky, to make an elaborate sand castle.
Pictures will be up soon on picasa site.
Have a good day, all.
Next update will be about CARNAVAL!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby - love the post. Could you do them more often? There is a cheering section here all across US - checking out your blog daily... And those of the wiser years ping us frequently for the news... So, kidly, be kind to your elders...

We all love and miss you much...

Your R&R